Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August Month Theme: Space

We use a really fun learning technique called "Lapbooking" for school. It makes the learning really hands on. And kids learn best that way anyhow, plus it's super FUN! This is our Lapbooking Spaceship. It has Pictures of Famous Astronauts, Lots of fun facts of space and astronauts, A place were they wrote down and learned the parts of the spaceship, and holds a personal story book they made about their space travel.

The kids Top 5 favorite things they learned about space:
1. The 1st animal in space was a Dog.
2. The planet Venus has lakes of hot lava on it.
3. The Sun is a Star.
4. Caleb's weight would be 7.5 lbs on the moon, Liahona's weight would be 7lbs, and Tamara's weight would be 4 lbs.
5. On the moon you can jump almost 6 times higher.
Caleb could jump 396 inches high on the moon, and Liahona could jump 366 inches high.











2 comments:

Shelley Gee said...

Wow Tanya, you are one busy mom! I am super impressed with your ability to take care of you family and home and the to homeshcool...you are amazing. It seems like it is getting to the point where it isn't safe to send out kids to school. Good luck with all of this and I will keep checking it out because it is facinating to me!

Inspired said...

Hey I am Emily's friend and I am seriously considering homeschooling and was wondering which model you use. I am currently very interested in Thomas Jerfferson Ed, but I am open to new ideas. I would love to hear some of your reasons for homeschooling etc.